Doesn’t it seem like controlling humidity inside your home is a bit of a balancing act? It can be really tough to keep it at an even amount throughout the year. That is especially true if you have a wet or damp crawlspace. The good news is that you can enjoy automated humidity control and moisture control with a crawlspace dehumidifier.
Here are some of the benefits you can expect with this investment:
- Lower cooling costs- Since the crawlspace dehumidifier controls humidity using less energy than your HVAC system, you can see a reduction in your electric bill.
- Protect HVAC- Since your HVAC system won’t be working as hard, it can last longer and require fewer repairs.
- Improve indoor air quality- Moisture under your home can cause an influx of contaminants inside your home, so controlling it with a crawlspace dehumidifier can help you and your family breathe easier. This is especially helpful for those with respiratory conditions such as COPD or allergies.
- Prevent mold- A damp crawlspace is the perfect breeding ground for mold, and those excess mold spores will travel into your home. A crawlspace dehumidifier makes the environment inhospitable for mold, so you won’t have to worry about the health issues or potential damage to your home that mold can cause.
- Improve comfort- High humidity makes you feel uncomfortable, so controlling humidity can make your home feel nicer.
If you would like to learn about what a crawlspace dehumidifier can do for your Charlotte, North Carolina home, reach out to us at Carolina Crawlspace Pros. We will evaluate your home’s crawlspace and let you know if one is needed or if other options, such as crawlspace encapsulation, are needed instead of or in addition to dehumidification.